Everyone knows that Ishai’s mother, Anita, made the best rugelach. Here’s her secrets! She would have wanted you to enjoy it as much as she did.
• 1/2 lb (8oz) butter
• 1/2 lb (8oz) cream cheese
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• Cinnamon and chopped nuts
• Preheat oven to 350F
• Lightly grease baking sheets
• Soften butter and cream cheese
• Combine until smooth
• Add flour & mix well
• Refrigerate for two hours
• Roll dough into circles, about 8 – 10 inches across
• Spread with desired filling
• Roll! Start with the outside wide edge
• You will have a little point on top. Arrange on a greased cookie sheet.
• Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 until golden brown and delicious!