This delectable bread makes a beautiful and delicious presentation. To be made by hand or in a bread machine!
(Note: by hand the dough will take extra time to make. After making and kneading the dough, it will need to be left covered in a warm corner in an oiled bowl for about an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size. Once it has doubled in size punch the dough back down and let it rest a short period of time somewhere warm before continuing on with the recipe.)
• Make dough by hand or remove dough form the machine upon completion of the dough cycle
• Roll on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle
• Spread the Chocolate Nut Spread filling on the middle third of the dough
• With a knife or pastry scissors, cut 1-inch strips down both sides of the dough from filling to edge
• Fold the top of filled end over dough and then alternate folding side strips over filling, angling each folded strip down to form a braided appearance
• Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise for about 1 hour
• Brush with egg wash and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes
This versatile bread can be served immediately or frozen for future use.