Honey & Cheese…it’s just one of those matches made in heaven! This is a simple and creative way to bring your culinary prowess to the table. Here’s a few hints, then…run with it!
Components of a Cheese Board
- A Board! It’s a good idea to have a beautiful piece of wood stashed away exactly for this purpose.
- Cheeses! Pick a variety of options and think outside the box! Go to your favorite cheese counter and ask them questions. Choose 3-5 radical options, and try something new every time!
- Honeys! Comb Honey is a classic choice for your board. For the full experience, we suggest offering a few varietals, perhaps Coriander or Mesquite.
- Honey Fruit Spread! A homemade jam or jelly works here as well 😉
- Charcuterie! Nothing like some thinly sliced aged salami to spice up your board.
- Salty Snacks! Think nuts, olives, even small chunks of chocolate!
- Bread or Crackers! Choose wisely, the propper cracker can make all the difference.
- Fresh Fruit! Sometimes the refreshing juice from a grape, strawberry, or blood orange is the perfect palette cleanser.
Cheese Board Tips
• Don’t make too many rules
• Have plenty of options and potential cracker configurations
• Choose quality ingredients
• Have fun with the presentation, and make it look nice!
• You’re gonna need a bigger board 😉