How to Bake with Honey
• Use 3/4 cup honey for each cup of sugar: Due to its high fructose content, honey has higher sweetening power than sugar.
• Reduce any liquid called for by 1/4 cup for each cup of sugar replaced
• If the recipe doesn’t already include baking soda, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda for each cup of sugar replaced
• Reduce oven temperature by 25°F to prevent over-browning
• Your recipe calls for 1/2 Cup Sugar. 3/4 Cup Honey / 2 = 3/8 Cup Honey
~ Use 3/8 Cup Honey instead of 1/2 Cup Sugar
• Coat the measuring cup or spoon with non-stick cooking spray or vegetable oil before adding the honey. The honey will slide right out
• Honey is 1.5 times heavier than water. That means a jar that holds 8 ounces of water, will hold 12 ounces of honey!